Environment & Sustainability
Robbins Timber recognises that we have a simple duty to acknowledge and contribute to the protection and conservation of the world’s timber supplies and other finite resources. The ways in which we do this are outlined in the statements below. Our policy statements are constantly under review, especially in light of new information on scientific advances, environmental and safety legislation and industrial activity.
Relevant License Numbers and membership details are referenced below.
- The Company will ensure that all relevant legislation, regulations and other requirements, including safety in the workplace, are met and where possible and appropriate exceeded.
- The Company will prevent pollution, and aim to reduce waste and the consumption of non-renewable resources and encourage greater efficiency, recovery and recycling wherever feasible.
- We are members of Timber Development UK (TDUK), and as such fully support, and are bound by the TDUK Environmental Code of Practice, Responsible Purchasing Policy and resultant due diligence processes.
- As a signatory to the TDUK’s Responsible Purchasing Policy, the Company shall comply with the provisions of the UKTR both as an Operator and Trader, and actively carry out risk assessments on all suppliers to ensure their compliance with UKTR Policy.
- The Company commits to implementing and maintaining an effective and transparent chain of custody procedure which meets the standards set by FSC-STD-50-001 V2-1.
- The Company commits to implementing and maintaining an effective and transparent chain of custody procedure which meets the standards set by PEFC ST 2002:2020.
Upon request certain products can be supplied with FSC® or PEFC™ certification.
NATURE’S STROKE OF GENIUS
To view a short animation on the benefits of timber, please click below:
PROTECTING THE GORILLA FOREST
To view a film exploring sustainable forestry in West Africa, please click below:
WOOD & WELLBEING
To view a White Paper focused on the wellbeing benefits of timber construction, please click below: